Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ooh, that's better!

Back to that brass clincher browband.

I never did like that first attempt, but I was at a loss for a different thing to try.

I stopped at the Mal-Wart closest to the barn to "drop off photos" and get some Corn Chex and cat food. Hungry barn kittens where out!

Since they are in the middle of a major store remodel, I took a stroll. Mostly to figure out where they stashed the crafts and fabric section, which apparently they have gutted and butchered to a mere shadow of the original. Lemme tell ya, it already sucked, now it's worse. The ENTIRE selection of yard goods has disappeared with pre-cut, pre-packaged fabric in it's place. Great. With the Rag Shop gone, I'm left with the tinsy selection at the Washington One Stop in Warren County, or Joanne's which isn't close at all.

But I digress. The beading stuff caught my eye; I've got a high ferret factor for shiney things! Then it hit me. Crimp beads. These are plain 'ole crimp beads squished with smooth jaw pliers. I then strung them on heavy thread and sewed the whole string to skiver, as well as glued them down so they stayed in line. A channel was then cut in another strip of skiver and glued over top, just like how I do crystal browbands. Trim down and poof, problem solved. Damn if it don't look real.

No comments:

Post a Comment