Sunday, July 4, 2010

A question of scale.


Is it in scale? A simple but so very subjective question. And I mull that very question tonight.


I'm leaning towards NO. I'm making an eventing set. The customer has a specific look in mind, and while flexible, really wants that look replicated.
The bridle is supposed to have a "clincher" browband. I got 3mm "matte gold" squares from TWMHC. They just don't look right to me on a browband for a pony. (this is Flash) Maybe on a larger horse? Or one of those "oversized" models? Clinchers should have a bit of leather peeping out above and below, but I trimmed it to the size of the brass. Any wider and it really would have looked stupid.
Oh, my hat is off to the tack makers who use these blasted things all the time. I don't even have 10 of them on there and it too freekin forever to get them on the leather, lined up, an not glued to ME instead. Nobody has to worry about taking ANY of thier costume making business, EVER. GAH!
URGH. I really need this set to be DONE. I've got to get myself ready for NAN and I'm running behind on that in a big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment