Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meet Bucky


Well, if you read MH Blab, you might know that my SO's Standardbred mare, Princess, had an "unauthorized" encounter with a palomino QH colt. It's a long story, and let's just say that one should never underestimate a motivated colt. Especially if your mare is a bit of a hussy to start with. There was a gate involved and it did not survive.

While we were all dreaming of SR ticket lines and the Ninja Pit of Death Sale, she had her foal. It's a colt, and my unimaginative man has named him Bucky.

Apparently Palomino + Bay = Buttermilk Buckskin. I totally did NOT see that one coming. I figured on a chestnut filly with a big blaze and 4 white feet, because that's the kind of thing kharma likes to do to me. (sometimes I think I may have been an axe murderer in a past life and that this life is the payback)

Yeah, he's pretty darn cute. He's not too keen on that halter since it's got that grab strap on it. Much easier for me to catch the little bugger!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, he's a cute little thing! Looks like Mama is settling in to her new role as well. Congrats to all.

    ReplyDelete